Grilled Mozzarella, Tomato, and Basil Pizza Margherita
The Book Thief ~
What a great gift for Father’s Day : A book about the father we all want and the father all men want to be.
Read my ~spoiler-free~ review / analysis here : www.mybookaffair.blogspot.com
Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon
Difficulty: ★☆☆☆☆ (Very Easy)
Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fresh fettuccine (I substituted a high-quality dry pasta)
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2/3 cup (about 2 1/2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings. Add garlic to drippings in pan; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Sprinkle flour over garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly; cook 2 minutes or until bubbly and slightly thick, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Gradually add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in salt. Add hot pasta to pan; toss well to combine. Sprinkle with bacon, parsley, and pepper.
- Feel connected to others. We are social beings.
- Reduce anxiety. Simply touching another person can make us feel more secure and less anxious.
- Bonding. Regular touch is one of the ways that we continually renew our bonds with those we love.
- Lowers your blood pressure. Studies have…
realistically, the organic by john patrick resort 2012 collection is what i wear on the regular. none of these unique prints, flowing drapery, avant garde shapes seen from other designers; just simple, wearable pieces. patrick’s is also one of the most affordable brands to be seen at any fashion week and he knows it: “there’s no artifice. we just make clothes that people want,” he told style.com.
also cool? the inspiration behind this particular line was a nineties-era skater girl.